As the most popular aftermarket Jeep part, the winch is a versatile tool that can save lives and property. Unexpected opportunities to assist other motorists and perform important work tasks will arise and you will be prepared. Consider these uses for your Jeep winch.
- Lift the hard top – Jeeps equipped with a winch can transform the vehicle from covered to open-air without assistance. The winch can manage the weight of the hard top safely and quickly. Without the winch, a friend or family member would have to help the owner to lift the Jeep hard top.
- Clear heavy debris – Following high winds, trees and other debris can be moved to a safe location using the Jeep winch. With practice, the Jeep owner will learn to select the order in which each piece should be moved. Moving trees from the street near the house can be beneficial for access when emergency vehicles arrive.
- Remove stumps and shrubs – After soil removal, the remaining roots and stump of a shrub or tree can be removed using the winch. Axes and chainsaws will not be required. Heavy straps and chains can be attached to the stump before attaching the winch cable.
- Lift Jeep from mud – Off-road adventures require the ability to free the Jeep from precarious positions. Rain, snow and thawing conditions can cause the Jeep to become stuck. A winch can provide help when no one else is available.
- Assist other motorists – Arriving first on any scene requires preparedness for the unexpected. Jeep winch owners can remove obstacles and provide solutions before the authorities arrive at the scene. Pulling a vehicle from water can save lives and property.
- Position tarps – Handling large objects, such as tarps, is easier when the winch provides lifting and holding power. Jeep owners will find countless uses for the winch when camping or spending time with the family.
- Drag boats – A boat trailer can have mechanical problems once the boat is out of the water. The jeep winch provides lifting and pulling power according to the Jeep owner’s needs. The winch cable provides maneuverability for the boat owner who encounters a power problem near the dock.
- Perform mechanical tasks – Working on vehicles requires heavy lifting to secure vehicles, motors and tools. Certain major repairs require significant lifting force to complete. Winch owners can use the Jeep winch to work on a car in a safe manner without assistance.
- Clear roadway – Adventures in the back country require the ability to move large trees and rocks from the path. The Jeep winch is capable of moving large obstacles without assistance from other people.
Prior to selecting the winch, the Jeep owner will want to determine the lifting capacity of each model. An appropriate size is required to complete each task without damaging the winch mechanism. The Jeep owner has many choices between powerful winches and accessories. Every need cannot be anticipated, but ownership of ATVs and snowmobiles require significant winch power.